We have a home sweet home challenge this week. Lots of inspiration here-tea, teapots, strings-birthday balloons, checkerboard, etcetera. I went with the tea pot!!! I decided instead of a card this week I would make a 3D item. I think they would make cute little Mother's Day table favors. Don't you? If you don't drink tea put a little Keurig pod in it for your favorite coffee drinker!!!
I cruised the internet and Pinterest for ideas. I finally decided I wanted my own creation. So this is it!!! I used the curvy keepsake box thinlit to make it.
Stamp Set: None!!
Paper: Very Vanilla, Watermelon Wonder, Birthday Bouquet DSP (designer series paper)
Accessories: Curvy keepsake box thinlit die, 1" circle punch, 1-1/2" circle punch, larger butterfly punch, 1-3/4" scallop circle punch, tear tape, dimensionals, rhinestone, SNAIL, trimmer, watermelon wonder satin ribbon, tea bags
Here are all the punched pieces. You can get all of these from less than one sheet of 8-1/2 x 11" cardstock. You can't beat that!!!
- Trim the curvy keepsake die as shown above. Leave 1-1/8" on bottom of diecut piece.
- Cut 2 pieces of Very Vanilla for spout--1/2" x 3". Place one end into the butterfly punch.
- Trim these 2 pieces with scissors.
- Punch two 1" circles from Very Vanilla, then repunch with 1-1/2" circle punch where you just punched to get the handles.
- Cut a 3" x 5" piece of Very Vanilla. Along the 5 inch side score at 2" and 3". Turn and score at 3/4" on each short side. Look at example above to trim (miter the corners). You cut to the score line. You can place your tear tape at this time.
- Place tear tape on bottom of one of the curvy keepsake diecuts and adhere to other diecut piece.
- Look at example above for placement of tear tape, circles and spout.
- Attach the circle punch to the scallop circle with dimensionals. Add rhinestone to center. Attach to center of "teapot".
- I folded a tea bag in half and placed in the box.
- Tie Watermelon Wonder satin ribbon around handles and into a bow.
Here are two different angles:
NOTE: IN THE EXAMPLE I HAVE A MELON MAMBO PIECE OF CARDSTOCK. DO NOT CUT ONE. I ONLY USED THIS FOR AN EXAMPLE OF WHERE TO PLACE THE TEAR TAPE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE VERY VANILLA.
Here is another example of one using stamping of the new stamp set Balloon Celebration from the Occasions 2016 catalog.
Here are both:
Be sure to check out the other STARS this week:
Judy Strickling-YOU ARE HERE!!
Remember you can order your supplies to make this item in my online store here 24/7. Sale-A-Bration is still going on until March 31 so if your order is more than $50 before shipping/tax you get an item of your choice FREE!!! Be sure to place your order today!!
Thank you for visiting my blog!!!